11.30.2006

Blind Date Goes Horribly, Horribly Wrong

So it's been months since I have been willing to date. Months I tell you.

But a friend of mine talked this one guy up so much (starting with, "He's gorgeous," not, "He's really nice.") & I finally acquiesced. We are talking about a guy who is handsome and successful, so I thought for sure that it would be a slam dunk.

Note: Some people emailed me to bitch about this last statement, saying I'm incredibly superficial. Well, that's only somewhat true. By successful, I meant "owns his own business, therefore must have a brain or two" NOT "potential sugar daddy." Just wanted to clear that up.

We met for a cocktail. He was gorgeous. Had his own business. Perfect, right? No. He's dumber than a stump. Conversation was nearly impossible. I seriously considered throwing myself into traffic to get out of this horrid date.

If I ever talk about going on a blind date before it happens, talk me down, I beg you.

Why is it so hard to find someone to make you laugh?

2 comments:

Patrick Bogen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick Bogen said...

Why is it so hard to find someone to make you laugh?

Because we're exceptional at not-being-seen.