7.21.2006

New Adventure For Hella

So this friend of mine has been bugging me for, oh, I don't know, about 6 years now for me to do a photo shoot with him.

Now, let's start this with the fact that I HATE being photographed. Honestly, despite the fact that I have been told otherwise, I think that I'm probably one of the strangest looking people on the planet.

But with life the way that it has been, and me needing some sort of something to make me feel, well, less awful, I finally said yes.

So now I have bangs again, I've had enough make up applied to choke a freaking horse, and I've embarked into the world of "model" even if only for an evening (and for no pay). Very weird.

I meet this one woman and learn that her entire job was to make me look good. Again, very weird. -- I'm sitting in this chair getting my hair and make up done like I'm some sort of celebrity, squirming the whole time.

Next, my dear friend chases me down and snaps some photos with his point and shoot digital, "to get a feel for how I react to the camera" -- I react by wanting to vomit, I could have told him that I would react badly.

After that, really intense lights, good music, and yes, a drink or two so I didn't totally freeze up in front of the camera. -- It was a surreal experience, but I'm glad I did it.

The one thing that bugged me was his desire to get across a "Pin-up, Bettie Page sort of feel" -- I told him I wasn't getting naked or holding a whip. He thought that was funny. But he also knew I was NOT kidding.

When the photos are ready, he promises to send me some, so I will share if they don't suck.

I think that the big thing is that I'm really proud of myself for doing this. One more fear conquered, only 867 to go.

No comments: