7.25.2006

Miss Communication

So this weekend when my web connection went down. -- I swear, I was going through DT's or something, it was sort of scary. Luckily, I had The Kidlet there to talk me down so no one got hurt. ("Mama, have a glass of wine, it will be OK" -- man, I love that kid.)

Then on Monday, the email system at my office went down. In fact, it's STILL down (and yes, its Tuesday).

You would think that the world has come to a screeching halt. Actually, here it has. I would bet that about 95%of our business is conducted via email. Contacting clients, vendors, etc. is almost exclusively done that way, so this has thrown quite a wrench into the works.

A girlfriend of mine pointed out that Mercury is now in retrograde. I know what this means because the last time she mentioned this, I looked it up (isn't the internet nifty?). Although I don't put much (if any) stock in horoscopes (unless they say what I want them to, like "stay home today and pamper yourself" or, "you will be worshipped this weekend by a young buck who will indulge in your every whim"), I think there might be something to this. -- Especially since I have missed more phone calls, had emails go into the ether, and plain just "cain't talk right".

On July 4, 2006, Mercury, the cosmic magician, turns retrograde in Leo, the sign of the Lion, sending communications, travel, appointments, mail and the www into a general snarlup! This awkward period begins a few days before the actual turning point (as Mercury slows) and lasts for three weeks or so, until July 29, when the Winged Messenger reaches his direct station. At this time he halts and begins his return to direct motion through the zodiac.

(from here if you are just dying to know more detail)

That sounds about right to me. And since I'm now one to start hedging my bets, I checked to see if this is going to happen again. I read that this happens about 3 times per year, WTF???

Stupid stars...

No comments: