7.10.2006

I Just Remembered

I've been digging through my CD collection as of late, looking for things that I may not have heard in a while and I found a couple of things that have just knocked my socks off.

First, Bare Jr.'s "Boo-tay" -- one of those albums (yes, they are still albums to me) that is just fun to listen to. Listening to that on the way to work when I'm in a craptastic mood makes the odds of my co-workers surviving the day a little bit better.

Second, the Reverend -- I haven't listened to "Smoke 'Em If You Got "Em" in a long, long time. Can I tell you how incredible that man is on the guitar? Makes me want to give up on my even learning. He just smokes on one of my favorite tracks, "Bullet" -- holy moly!

Finally, Jesus Lizard's "Goat" -- My ears are bleeding from turning that one up to 11 to drown out the sound of, well, everything.

That's all, my inner music geek just had to spew forth, thanks for bearing with me.

No comments: